Through the active engagement of its membership, IACM provides color manufacturers and consumer product companies with the tools they need to address challenges facing the use of colors.
IACM emphasizes activities which could not be effectively accomplished by individual companies. Through a dynamic committee structure, the Association calls upon the extensive experience and expertise of industry members to address a wide variety of matters of interest to the industry.
Natural Color Committee
Co-Chair: Kate Urbain (Chr Hansen)
Vice-Chair: Melissa Kessler (Mars, Inc)
- Protect and expand the current approvals for natural color additives in the US, Europe, Asia and elsewhere.
- Participate in the development of official and unofficial analytical methods for natural color additives.
- Create and maintain public information and awareness of all aspects of natural color additives
Synthetic Color Committee
Chair: Tom Farrell (Colorcon)
Vice Chair: Everett Merling (DyStar)
- To protect and expand the worldwide use of synthetic colors.
- To serve as a trusted resource to interact with regulatory bodies and global organizations on issues related to the acceptance status and specifications for synthetic colors.
- To advocate for global harmonization of standards, regulations, and testing protocols.
- To monitor scientific literature and mainstream media for new information on or questions about the safety of synthetic colors and respond in accordance with IACM’s Media Relations policy.
- To review and assess existing safety information on synthetic colors and conduct scientifically robust studies to ensure their safety when necessary.
- To maintain a relationship with the FDA Certified Color Lab, to include monitoring of its activities and finances.